They did not have iphones in 1989. Or wireless blogging from notebook computers. In fact there were very few cell phones...I know I did not have one.
When Tim and I biked acrossed the country in the summer of 1989 our fanciest electronic gizmo was a transister radio, which I put to good use tracking the major league baseball season.
But I did keep a diary and a scrap book that I would mail home periodically along the way. The intent was that I would some day compile a report to record my impressions of the country. I never finished that epistle.
Now we have blogging and scanners and the internet. Now, with twenty years of new life experience and, hopefully, wisdom, I will compile my electronic blog of the trip from my living room in Highland PArk, City of Pittsburgh.
We left from 112th and Broadway at 7:10 am on Saturday, May 20 (May have to click once to the right to actually see the entrance to my apartment).
View Larger Map
The route for the first day:
http://veloroutes.org/bikemaps/?route=42811
When Tim and I biked acrossed the country in the summer of 1989 our fanciest electronic gizmo was a transister radio, which I put to good use tracking the major league baseball season.
But I did keep a diary and a scrap book that I would mail home periodically along the way. The intent was that I would some day compile a report to record my impressions of the country. I never finished that epistle.
Now we have blogging and scanners and the internet. Now, with twenty years of new life experience and, hopefully, wisdom, I will compile my electronic blog of the trip from my living room in Highland PArk, City of Pittsburgh.
We left from 112th and Broadway at 7:10 am on Saturday, May 20 (May have to click once to the right to actually see the entrance to my apartment).
View Larger Map
This building was my home for three years as I pursued intellectual growth at Columbia Law School.
The route for the first day:
http://veloroutes.org/bikemaps/?route=42811
No comments:
Post a Comment